Undergraduate professional study in Computing
Degree obtained: Bachelor (baccalaureus/baccalaurea) of Engineering in Computing
Duration: three (III) academic years – six (VI) semesters
ECTS credits: 180
Teaching programme for Undergraduate professional study in Computing: rac1213eng_npp (1940)
Due to the fact that the development of modern technologies and industry has followed Moore’s exponential law in the last 40 years, starting this study programme imposed itself as a normal consequence.
The main objective of the study programme is to train computing engineers to perform individually the jobs of designing, administering and maintaining computer systems, small networks, IT systems and applications, as well as using them as tools. The curriculum encompasses all relevant fields of expertise, based primarily on scientific research, but also applicable to modern computer systems.
In the first year of study the programme offers the common courses for all students and the two areas of specializations
Computer systems and network engineering
- is the specialization which trains students to design and maintain computer systems and networks.
- is the specialization which trains students to develop software, complex applications and software tools.
During the last semester the study programme includes practical training and writing a fi nal thesis, under the guidance of a mentor. The objective of the practical work is to teach students how to deal with specific tasks and to develop good work habits consequently. Upon successful completion of the study programme our engineers easily get employed and perform various jobs:
- organizing, controlling and maintaining work based on ICT
- starting, using and maintaining IT systems, computer systems and networks
- providing help and support for software users
- providing security support for IT systems, computer systems and networks
- administering IT systems, databases and computer networks, designing company presentations on the Internet
- managing small-sized companies
- carrying out commercial, fi nancial and accounting functions